(as of [price_update_date] – Details)
SeaStar Solutions (formerly Teleflex Marine) has set the standard with their Steering Cables in the Marine Industry by using Superior Design, Technology and Materials.
All SeaStar Solutions’ steering cables meet or exceed ABYC safety standards and ISO/IMCI/NMMA certification requirements. SeaStar Solutions’ SSC62xx Steering Cable is designed with a Simple Rotary Quick Connect Snap in Connection for Easy Installation.
The SeaStar Difference:
- A tightly controlled core to conduit fit to offer precise steering
- Outer jacket is constructed with HDPE, a high density polyethylene material that is abrasion resistant and provides a high resistance to water penetration
- Output End is constructed of Stainless Steel to provide Reliability and Durability for Corrosion Resistance
- Trapped Nut on the Cable End stays in place during cable routing
- Made, Designed and Assembled in the USA
- Most Single-Station Boats
- Standard Quick Connect Rotary Cable SSC62xx Fits Helms SH5150P, SH4910P, SH4920P, SH5094-1P, SH91190P, SH91526P, SH91527P and SH91523-1P
- SSC62xx with Adapter SA27620P Fits Old Safe T (SH5023P, SH5075P, SH91075P and SH91077P) and Big T Helms (SH5000P and SH91525P). NOTE: SSC61xx is DIRECTLY REPLACED by SSC62xx and Adapter SA27620P
- Steering Cable contained in the SeaStar Complete Rotary System Kits SS132, SS137, SS147 and SS148
SeaStar Solutions’ SSC62xx Steering Cables are for Single Station use only. This steering cable is only recommended as a replacement for the original system as installed by the boat manufacturer. SeaStar Solutions always recommends No-Feedback (NFB) helms for outboard applications. NFB Helms lock out steering loads caused by propeller torque eliminating the driver fatigue normally experienced with a standard helm. Patented SeaStar Solutions’ NFB steering helms are a drop in replacement for the standard Rotary System.
Upgrade Options to Consider:
- The Xtreme Steering Kits SSX176XX for non-tilting steering wheels or SSX177XX for tilt steering. These single cable steering system replacements are the easiest to steer in the market today.
SeaStar products are backed by a two-year recreational user warranty against manufacturer defects. SeaStar Steering Cables are environmentally tested for marine applications.SSC62xx Steering Cable is fitted with Stainless Steel Cable Output Ends which provide Reliability and Durability for corrosion resistance
Suitable for Most Single-Station Boats
SSC61xx is Directly Replaced by SSC62xx and SA27620P
Meets or Exceeds NMMA, ISO, IMCI and ABYC Standards
Proudly Made, Designed & Assembled in the USA
Before Ordering, Please Verify this is the Correct Cable Length for your Application. For Assistance, see the Image to the Left on ‘How To Measure Steering Cables’