This one’s for avid campers who love the joys of the outdoors but would love to minimize the hassles of always having to prepare meals from scratch when there’s more fun to be had. We don’t blame you for wanting the most out of an outdoor vacation and are here to help with practical tips on making easy camping recipes so you have the extra time to enjoy the outdoors more!
Balanced, nutritious meals that help keep your stamina up and empower you to make the most of the great outdoors – be it nature rambles, trekking or angling – are what easy camping recipes center around and we guide you on preparing these even when out of civilizations like a kitchen-environment without having to spend all your outdoor time slaving over the campfires.
One of the easiest camping recipes includes the versatility of foil-wrapped dishes as these are not time-consuming to prepare at all and call for no camping utensil load to be lugged around either! Foil-wrapped easy camping recipes can be pre-prepared from home for any number of campers and range from the popular choice of pre-washed potato in aluminum foil, cooked by placing in a coal-fire and a smoked-flavor ready to eat in a couple of hours to the super-specialty mixed veggie dish in a jiffy.
Both can be seasoned with salt-pepper, butter or other flavoring agents or sauces you’ve packed and the latter can be further “done up” generous amounts of diced seasonals, (squash, zucchini, eggplant etc) dotted with salad dressing. Salad dressing is not only convenient but also a flavorful addition to the pre-washed and chopped veggie cubes you have wrapped in foil and cooked over hot coals for a healthy and wholesome campsite meal! Potato or vegetables – whatever your choice – are a great combination with steak or your fishy catch of the day!
In fact, fish cooks well in foil-wraps as the light meat is ideal for soaking up the smoky fragrance from a coal-fire besides being a healthful, energy-boosting snack for camping holidays. Another place to get easy camping recipes with fish as the main ingredient is online: here’s one duplicated for you that uses Fish for a full meal in a single foil-wrap –
1. Clean the gut and scales off the fresh fishy catch, taking care to keep it whole.
2. Finely chop a small onion, 2 each of carrots and potatoes giving zucchini or squash or other favorite vegetable of yours the same treatment.
3. Place all of the above in an extra-strong aluminum foil after adding in salt and pepper and topping off with a good size helping of Italian salad dressing.
4. Foil-wrap tightly and place carefully at the edges of the coal-fire at camping site.
5. Keep a close watch over the dish so it won’t burn and remove when veggies are cooked and fish is tender!